Adhearsion 3.0 release candidate

Ben Langfeld

Adhearsion 3.0.0.rc1 was just released. The changelog since 2.6.2 can be seen at https://github.com/adhearsion/adhearsion/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md. Please test this release with your applications and provide feedback. In the absence of of any new reports which might prevent it, this will be released as 3.0.0 final on 21st January.

Re: Adhearsion 3.0 release candidate

James Le Cuirot
On Thu, 07 Jan 2016 13:22:31 +0000
Ben Langfeld <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adhearsion 3.0.0.rc1 was just released. The changelog since 2.6.2 can
> be seen at
> https://github.com/adhearsion/adhearsion/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md.
> Please test this release with your applications and provide feedback.
> In the absence of of any new reports which might prevent it, this
> will be released as 3.0.0 final on 21st January.

I see that Adhearsion has stopped using girl_friday but Blather hasn't
done the same. I know you're working on it right now but is that
planned? I tried to move it to sucker_punch before I realised that
Adhearsion also uses it directly. The presence of girl_friday is
preventing me from using recent versions of Sidekiq and while playing
with 3 would be nice, it's quite far removed from my original
objective. I might have to find another way in the short term.

P.S. Would you be interested in my sucker_punch branch? The tests pass
but it's not been tested for real at all.

Re: Adhearsion 3.0 release candidate

Ben Langfeld-2

On Thu, 7 Jan 2016 at 11:30 James Le Cuirot <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jan 2016 13:22:31 +0000
Ben Langfeld <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adhearsion 3.0.0.rc1 was just released. The changelog since 2.6.2 can
> be seen at
> https://github.com/adhearsion/adhearsion/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md.
> Please test this release with your applications and provide feedback.
> In the absence of of any new reports which might prevent it, this
> will be released as 3.0.0 final on 21st January.

I see that Adhearsion has stopped using girl_friday but Blather hasn't
done the same. I know you're working on it right now but is that
planned? I tried to move it to sucker_punch before I realised that
Adhearsion also uses it directly. The presence of girl_friday is
preventing me from using recent versions of Sidekiq and while playing
with 3 would be nice, it's quite far removed from my original
objective. I might have to find another way in the short term.

P.S. Would you be interested in my sucker_punch branch? The tests pass
but it's not been tested for real at all.

I absolutely would be interested in that; please do submit a PR! :)