Asterisk 12 not forwarding AGI app to adhearsion

Asterisk 12 not forwarding AGI app to adhearsion

Tyler Gannon

Anybody using asterisk 12? My fresh build of Asterisk 12 (with pretty much all modules built in) receives calls but it isn’t forwarding properly the AGI request over to adhearsion. Adhearsion seems to connect properly but then when I place a call into my system the adhearsion app doesn’t get anything.

I’m using the old sip.conf here. If the problem is simply that I must move over to pjsip, I can handle that. :) Alternatively, if life would be easier migrating to FreeSWITCH then that advice could be pretty handy as well.

Here are the bits from the Asterisk log:

Asterisk 12.5.1, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2013 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
Connected to Asterisk 12.5.1 currently running on dev (pid = 26760)
  == Manager 'adhearsion' logged on from 127.0.0.1
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Executing [12086434835@adhearsion:1] AGI("SIP/5266283985-00000042", "agi:async") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (adhearsion, 12086434835, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/5266283985-00000042'
    -- Executing [h@adhearsion:1] AGI("SIP/5266283985-00000042", "agi:async") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (adhearsion, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/5266283985-00000042'
dev*CLI>

On the adhearsion side, nothing happens. Anyone out there who has gotten asterisk 12 to work, I’d appreciate your pointers. I’m basically using the same configuration and the same application that work on my production server, with asterisk 11.7. The manager.conf and extensions.conf relevant settings are straight from adhearsion’s documentation.

thanks again!
Tyler

Re: Asterisk 12 not forwarding AGI app to adhearsion

Ben Langfeld-2
To be quite honest, the Adhearsion core team has not done extensive testing on Asterisk 12/13, and it is expected that there will be some breakage due to changes in the AMI protocol.

We have an issue tag on Github where you can see the currently reported issues with Asterisk 12 compatibility: https://github.com/adhearsion/adhearsion/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aasterisk-12-compatibility

I would suggest that you file an issue on Github so that we can track this properly. Hopefully we can get a release out in short order to fix the major compatibility issues, but we would appreciate assistance in testing a variety of scenarios and applications along with full reports.