Collecting Input During Call

Tyler Gannon
Is it possible to receive input (e.g. keypresses) from the receptionist of a call that's originated from Adhearsion after answering and joining with the call from the originating caller?

Since we're in the middle of a joined call at this point, I don't imagine coding in a `menu()` block, and I reckon that I'll have to register event handlers on the outgoing call.  I'm not sure how to do this since the `dial()` command blocks until the connected call ends.

This leads to a bit of Adhearsion wisdom that I am sadly deficient in... I understand that the outgoing call also triggers the adhearsion router.  If you can help me to understand how properly to route all my outgoing calls, then I suppose I might be able to run this one to the end zone.

thanks!
Tyler

Re: Collecting Input During Call

Ben Klang-2

Yes. What you want is an asynchronous input. Adhearsion has a plugin called Matrioska that was designed for this use-case: https://github.com/adhearsion/matrioska

This leads to a bit of Adhearsion wisdom that I am sadly deficient in... I understand that the outgoing call also triggers the adhearsion router.  If you can help me to understand how properly to route all my outgoing calls, then I suppose I might be able to run this one to the end zone.

Other than wanting to get input mid-stream, are there any other problems with your routing?  Can you share how you are originating calls, and what you want to achieve so we can offer more specific suggestions?

/BAK/

--
Ben Klang
Principal/Technology Strategist, Mojo Lingo

Mojo Lingo -- Voice applications that work like magic
Twitter: @MojoLingo

thanks!
Tyler