How to raise volume for my audio playback or recording with asterisk v13

How to raise volume for my audio playback or recording with asterisk v13

olivier.agnus
Hi,

Is it possible to raise audio level when playing back or recording with Adhearsion and Asterisk v13 ?

Thanks
Olivier

Re: How to raise volume for my audio playback or recording with asterisk v13

Ben Klang-2
Hi Olivier,

What you’re asking to do is a function of the underlying telephony engine, in your case, Asterisk. There’s no simple answer to your question, but I’ll make an attempt.

In the really unlikely case that you’re still using either T-1/E-1 or analog lines, there are volume settings in chan_dahdi.conf. The reason this has a volume setting at all is due to the underlying analog technology on which it was designed. But I’m going to guess you are using SIP.

In any event, you probably want to do some research into why the audio is low:

* Is it limited to a single user? Are you trying to increase the volume for someone who is having trouble hearing?
* Is it limited to a single device? Is it possible that the device itself has a setting or even a hardware problem that causes low audio?
* Is it only on certain audio files? One possibility would be to take the recordings into something like Audacity and increase the volume there

One way you may be able to do this is with Asterisk’s built-in Volume() dialplan function: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Function_VOLUME
Dialplan functions behave like channel variables, so to use this, you will need to set a channel variable using the adhearsion-asterisk plugin: https://github.com/adhearsion/adhearsion-asterisk

In Adhearsion CallController code, you can do something like this:

set_variable ‘VOLUME(TX)=3’
set_variable ‘VOLUME(RX)=3’

Hope that helps,
/BAK/
--
Ben Klang
Principal/Technology Strategist, Mojo Lingo

Mojo Lingo -- Voice applications that work like magic
Twitter: @MojoLingo