Pause method

tal weissler
Hello,

I was wondering if there's any way to pause while playing or saying (or even asking) in adhearsion

for example:

answer
say "please take a minute to think of a number between 1 and 10"
#pause for 60 seconds (how?)
say "Please say that number out loud"

Thanks,
Tal

Re: Pause method

Luca Pradovera
Hello,
in line of principle sleep() should work.
Could you describe your use case in a bit more detail, so we can let you know if there are better ways to do the same thing?

Luca

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 2:34 PM, tal weissler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if there's any way to pause while playing or saying (or even asking) in adhearsion

for example:

answer
say "please take a minute to think of a number between 1 and 10"
#pause for 60 seconds (how?)
say "Please say that number out loud"

Thanks,
Tal

Re: Pause method

tal weissler
sleep should work for pausing while saying or playing, but what about while asking?
What if I need to ask for input while saying something, pausing, and then continuing to say things (while all that, I want to still be able to collect input). something like:
result = ask "How many woodchucks? Enter a number followed by #." pause for 10 seconds "if you can't decide you can just choose 3 or 4", terminator: '#'

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 2:34 PM, tal weissler <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="7SRvl0XsAAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">weiss...@...> wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if there's any way to pause while playing or saying (or even asking) in adhearsion

for example:

answer
say "please take a minute to think of a number between 1 and 10"
#pause for 60 seconds (how?)
say "Please say that number out loud"

Thanks,
Tal

Re: Pause method

Andrius Kairiukstis
With regular AGI and asterisk it is recommended to use play silence/xx in asking command

Andrius Kairiukstis

t: <a dir="ltr" href="tel:+34%2065%2022%2099%20183">+34 65 22 99 183

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 2:34 PM, tal weissler <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">weiss...@...> wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if there's any way to pause while playing or saying (or even asking) in adhearsion

for example:

answer
say "please take a minute to think of a number between 1 and 10"
#pause for 60 seconds (how?)
say "Please say that number out loud"

Thanks,
Tal

Re: Pause method

Luca Pradovera
Hello,
I understand. I also generally just use a timeout and play a different message on the second pass. It does essentially the same thing, but with less moving parts.

Best regards,
Luca

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Andrius Kairiukstis <[hidden email]> wrote:
With regular AGI and asterisk it is recommended to use play silence/xx in asking command

Andrius Kairiukstis

t: <a dir="ltr" href="tel:+34%2065%2022%2099%20183" target="_blank">+34 65 22 99 183

[...]

Ben Langfeld
Alternatively if you're using a proper TTS engine you could use the SSML pause tag: https://www.w3.org/TR/speech-synthesis11/#edef_break

Enviado do meu iPhone

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 2:34 PM, tal weissler <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">weiss...@...> wrote: