Rayo 183 Session-Progress before 200 OK

David Wilkie
Hi,

I'm just upgraded to the latest Adhearsion with FreeSwitch (FreeSWITCH Version 1.4.18-3-1~64bit) and mod_rayo to receive calls from a Telco in Cambodia. I'm using the default rayo configuration. Currently SIP flow from our perspective is happening as follows:

1. We receive INVITE from Telco
2. We (Freeswitch / Rayo / Adhearsion) sends back a 100 TRYING
3. We (Freeswitch / Raoy / Adhearsion) sends back a 183 Session Progress
4. We receive a CANCEL from Telco

The old server has the following stack Adhearsion (2.4.0), FreeSwitch (1.2.14+git~20131106T225749Z~f47e523d69~32bit) and using the default freeswitch connection (not Rayo). The is the SIP flow from our perspective on the old server:

1. We receive INVITE from Telco
2. We (Freeswitch / Rayo / Adhearsion) sends back a 100 TRYING
3. We (Freeswitch / Raoy / Adhearsion) sends back a 200 OK
4. Call continues as normal

I'm in touch with the Telco to find out why they CANCEL the call after receiving a 183 Session Progress but, I'm wondering why our side is now sending back the extra 183 Session Progress. I couldn't find this setting in the mod_rayo or default FreeSwitch configuration.

When receiving the call I POST to another server, using https://github.com/dwilkie/adhearsion-twilio and on response, it answers the call and executes the TwiML as in Adhearsion.

In case the telco does not support 183 is there any setting to turn off the 183 Session Progress for Early Media and immediately return a 200?

Re: Rayo 183 Session-Progress before 200 OK

Andrius Kairiukstis-2
Hello, if you do not want to send progressing, you may try to update your routes.rb

Adhearsion.router do
  unaccepting do
    route 'default', MainController
  end