Rayo Headers

David Wilkie
One of the telcos that I connect with sends some custom headers in it's INVITE which I require in my adhearsion app.

The header I require is P-Asserted-Identity and I can see it in the SIP INVITE request from the telco when I do a tcpdump. However Rayo doesn't seem to be passing on all the headers to Adhearsion. I read through the Rayo configuration but I couldn't find where there's a whitelist of headers or where to configure custom headers.

Below is an example of a Rayo offer, which does not contain all the headers. It only contains the following:

  • from
  • via
  • p-access-network-info
  • p-early-media

I'm the latest Adhearsion with FreeSwitch (FreeSWITCH Version 1.4.18-3-1~64bit)

Re: Rayo Headers

Evan McGee
Hey David, good to hear from you.

Go ahead and set <param name="add-variables-to-events" value="true"/> in your rayo.conf.xml. That'll add all of channel variables handled by FreeSWITCH into the Rayo offer.

Access them by using call.variables["variable_whatever_you_are_looking_for"]

Big shoutout to Chris Rienzo for adding this in January after I went looking for exactly the same thing.

On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 9:26:45 PM UTC-7, David Wilkie wrote:
One of the telcos that I connect with sends some custom headers in it's INVITE which I require in my adhearsion app.

The header I require is P-Asserted-Identity and I can see it in the SIP INVITE request from the telco when I do a tcpdump. However Rayo doesn't seem to be passing on all the headers to Adhearsion. I read through the Rayo configuration but I couldn't find where there's a whitelist of headers or where to configure custom headers.

Below is an example of a Rayo offer, which does not contain all the headers. It only contains the following:

  • from
  • via
  • p-access-network-info
  • p-early-media

I'm the latest Adhearsion with FreeSwitch (FreeSWITCH Version 1.4.18-3-1~64bit)

Re: Rayo Headers

David Wilkie
Hey Evan,

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip!