Re: Predictive Dialer Algorithm

lcx

Re: Predictive Dialer Algorithm

lcx
I know, really old subject. But hast anyone done something in the past years? I could try to contribute if there is something to contribute to.

Cris

On Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:39:02 PM UTC+1, ic3m0nst3r wrote:
@MATT--

thanks a lot! we are starting to grow this one out. We definitely need
your expertise with regards to this.

Hope we can create a dialer that will sit, not only on asterisk but on
other open-source pbx as well. And knowing how promising freeswitch
is, we can take that advantage of having a dialer on-top of a carrier-
grade soft-switch!

On Jan 14, 11:21 pm, vicidial <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> the ability to adhere to those laws, like drop rate restrictions, safe-
> harbor messaging and internal DNC lists.
>
> Do you have a set of required features yet for your Predictive Dialer
> project?
>
> As for flexibility of platform, unfortunately Asterisk doesn't work
> like any of the other platforms like yate or FreeSWITCH although it is
> getting better with Asterisk 1.6 to some extent. Much of the more
> advanced functionality in VICIDIAL I had to use some very creative
> ways of doing things to get them to work in the end, whereas if I had
> developed for FreeSwitch I could have accomplished those same
> behaviors much more simply(too bad FreeSwitch wasn't around 6 years
> ago).
>
> I'd like to help too, I've been through the building of a dialer with
> Asterisk so i think I can bring something to the table as well.
>
> MATT---
>
> On Jan 13, 8:10 pm, ic3m0nst3r <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Jason for the quick reply.
>
> > I have the items 4 and 5 on my sleeves right now, it's on production
> > mode, we are currently running on top of asterisk.
>
> > Regarding the item 1, i have documentation/implementation guides to do
> > so, i have been working for it for the last 2 years now.
>
> > On item number 2 however, i am looking at how gnudialer handles
> > queuing, it's more mature compared to vicidial.
>
> > I was hoping we can incorporate all of this, making it generic, in a
> > sense that it doesn't only run on Asterisk, but on other platform,
> > just like freeswitch, which i think has better performance.
>
> > It's nice to have something back to the community as well.
>
> > Thanks
>
> > On Jan 13, 11:29 pm, JasonGoecke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > It is absolutely possible to write a Preditive Dialing module for
> > > Adhearsion, although it is not trivial. There are really five
> > > components that would need to be written to do this effectively:
>
> > > 1. A dialer, with prediction algorithms
> > > 2. An Adhearsion based call queuing system (as relying on the Asterisk
> > > app_queue.so is a no go, as for example Vicidial - [<a href="http://www.vicidial.comhas" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vicidial.comhas\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHqhyUSAyR92bLJq4aBM6hM692dKQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vicidial.comhas\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHqhyUSAyR92bLJq4aBM6hM692dKQ';return true;">http://www.vicidial.comhas] long ago abandoned the internal Asterisk queue
> > > for example)
> > > 3. An agent state tracking system
> > > 4. A management/reporting GUI
> > > 5. Reporting
>
> > > We of course would welcome a project starting based on Asterisk, as
> > > this is exactly what the components capability enables which is to be
> > > announced shortly. Stay tuned and we will come back to you.

Ben Langfeld-2
Mojo Lingo has implemented several predictive dialer applications on Adhearsion, but as yet we havn't open-sourced anything. Ben Klang would be best placed to comment further.

On 26 May 2014 15:52, lcx <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > Thanks
>
> > On Jan 13, 11:29 pm, JasonGoecke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > > It is absolutely possible to write a Preditive Dialing module for
> > > Adhearsion, although it is not trivial. There are really five
> > > components that would need to be written to do this effectively:
>
> > > 1. A dialer, with prediction algorithms
> > > 2. An Adhearsion based call queuing system (as relying on the Asterisk
> > > app_queue.so is a no go, as for example Vicidial - [http://www.vicidial.comhas] long ago abandoned the internal Asterisk queue
> > > for example)
> > > 3. An agent state tracking system
> > > 4. A management/reporting GUI
> > > 5. Reporting
>
> > > We of course would welcome a project starting based on Asterisk, as
> > > this is exactly what the components capability enables which is to be
> > > announced shortly. Stay tuned and we will come back to you.

Gabriel Gayan
We recently implemented a super progressive dialer using Adhearsion at our company. It was not easy task, and is tightly coupled to the way our internal CRM works, but is totally doable.

We found a couple of documents from where we started, maybe they could be useful for you:

http://www.fiztech-usa.net/anisimov/papers/SpringSim-Bis-08-fin.pdf
http://uu.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:357150/FULLTEXT01.pdf

Cheers

On 26 May 2014 15:52, lcx <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="36QaxrhmCf0J" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">liva...@...> wrote:
> [...]

> > > app_queue.so is a no go, as for example Vicidial - [<a href="http://www.vicidial.comhas" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vicidial.comhas\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHqhyUSAyR92bLJq4aBM6hM692dKQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vicidial.comhas\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHqhyUSAyR92bLJq4aBM6hM692dKQ';return true;">http://www.vicidial.comhas] long ago abandoned the internal Asterisk queue
> > > for example)
> > > 3. An agent state tracking system
> > > 4. A management/reporting GUI
> > > 5. Reporting
>
> > > We of course would welcome a project starting based on Asterisk, as
> > > this is exactly what the components capability enables which is to be
> > > announced shortly. Stay tuned and we will come back to you.

Lloyd Hughes
We too have implemented a progressive dialler using Adhearsion, JRuby and Grape. It is completely API based and has been integrated with a few companies CRM systems already. We are still considering whether or not to make it open source. Maybe if people express their interest we will consider it.

On Friday, 27 June 2014 14:57:13 UTC+2, Gabriel Gayan wrote:
> [...]

> > > app_queue.so is a no go, as for example Vicidial - [<a href="http://www.vicidial.comhas" target="_blank" onmousedown="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vicidial.comhas\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHqhyUSAyR92bLJq4aBM6hM692dKQ';return true;" onclick="this.href='http://www.google.com/url?q\75http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vicidial.comhas\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNHqhyUSAyR92bLJq4aBM6hM692dKQ';return true;">http://www.vicidial.comhas] long ago abandoned the internal Asterisk queue
> > > for example)
> > > 3. An agent state tracking system
> > > 4. A management/reporting GUI
> > > 5. Reporting
>
> > > We of course would welcome a project starting based on Asterisk, as
> > > this is exactly what the components capability enables which is to be
> > > announced shortly. Stay tuned and we will come back to you.

THUFIR HAWAT
Would you consider open sourcing your efforts?  Or is it strictly proprietary?