freeswitch and recording format

ik_5
Hello,

Is there a way to force recording in specific codec format, for example wav alaw ?

If so, how can I do it ?

Thanks,
Ido

Re: freeswitch and recording format

Ben Langfeld-2
The Rayo specification allows for providing hints to a record resource (http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0327.html#def-component-record) to tweak the recording beyond the general format selection (wav, mp3, etc), but these are implementation specific. I'm not sure what FreeSWITCH mod_rayo implements, but I'm sure Chris Rienzo would be able to answer that trivially.

Unfortunately, Adhearsion / Punchblock doesn't implement the hint element or a way to set hints from CallController#record, though we'd certainly accept a contribution of that ;)