freeswitch: execute command

Andrius Kairiukstis-2
Hello,

I am trying to setup freeswitch and adhearsion, got calls working, but I want to:
1. execute an dialplan command, how I can do that?
2. set custom SIP header and read headers, how?

Regards,
Andrius

Re: freeswitch: execute command

Ben Langfeld-2
On 16 February 2015 at 12:09, Andrius Kairiukstis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to setup freeswitch and adhearsion, got calls working, but I want to:
1. execute an dialplan command, how I can do that?

You can't. This functionality was never specified in Rayo or implemented in mod_rayo. This is compatible with the stated purpose of the Rayo protocol, and a parallel to ARI in Asterisk, which is very similar to Rayo.

2. set custom SIP header and read headers, how?

SIP headers are not set on a call, they form part of SIP messages. You can pass custom headers along with SIP messages that result from Rayo actions, such as answer/hangup (check the API docs) and similarly Rayo events which are triggered by SIP messages (offers, call end events, etc) will pass along SIP headers as properties of the event.

Regards,
Andrius

Re: freeswitch: execute command

ik_5
rayo is an event based application, and it's like the "socket" with data of  "full".
It's blocking and capture events based on specific protocol. The "socket" part belongs to mod_event_sockets, and mod_rayo provide the "rayo" application, and several API commands.

If you require low level freeswitch control (I have such cases), I'm using most of the time either direct lua/perl code or in pure ruby I use the following:
https://github.com/vangberg/librevox .

I use it only when there is a requirement for a much lower level access that ahn cannot provide because it has a much higher level functionality, to help you implement the same code base of different types of PBX.

Ido