keeping leg b connected

ik_5
Hello,

I'm using Freeswitch, and I have a very interesting issue.

I have two leg call, but sometimes leg A disconnect because it uses a cellular data network.
It can be due to roaming or other issues, when that happens, the call still exists with the bridge intact, but when the soft-phone returns, it disconnect the existed bridge.

My questions are:

1. How can I find out if leg A presence stopped to exist ?
2. Is there a way to make sure that the bridge remains, so I could rejoin leg A ?

Thanks,
Ido

Re: keeping leg b connected

Ben Langfeld-2
On 27 July 2014 06:40, ik <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm using Freeswitch, and I have a very interesting issue.

I have two leg call, but sometimes leg A disconnect because it uses a cellular data network.
It can be due to roaming or other issues, when that happens, the call still exists with the bridge intact, but when the soft-phone returns, it disconnect the existed bridge.

Could you provide some more details of this? This seems like something that FS should take care of internally.

My questions are:

1. How can I find out if leg A presence stopped to exist ?

Not in Adhearsion, no.

2. Is there a way to make sure that the bridge remains, so I could rejoin leg A ?

Only in FS.

Thanks,
Ido

Re: keeping leg b connected

ik_5

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 7:10 PM, Ben Langfeld <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 27 July 2014 06:40, ik <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I'm using Freeswitch, and I have a very interesting issue.

I have two leg call, but sometimes leg A disconnect because it uses a cellular data network.
It can be due to roaming or other issues, when that happens, the call still exists with the bridge intact, but when the soft-phone returns, it disconnect the existed bridge.

Could you provide some more details of this? This seems like something that FS should take care of internally.

I have a simple program that connects active channel with another, using "dial". However, some of the times Leg A, is used by soft-phone/webrtc that is located on a cellular phone that uses 3g/4g data connection rather then wifi, and like with all cellular connections, you might experiencing few issues, such as roaming from one antenna to the next, and you might have different IP number when that happens (also due to DHCP). Another issue is lack of reception for few seconds (something that I experience at my home on specific corners) for example,and other issues that might make leg-a unavailable for few seconds.
I'm trying to keep leg b on, even if I lost leg a, and join it back to the call if it is available after few seconds (up to 30 seconds +-).

My questions are:

1. How can I find out if leg A presence stopped to exist ?

Not in Adhearsion, no.

2. Is there a way to make sure that the bridge remains, so I could rejoin leg A ?

Only in FS.

Thanks,
Ido

Re: keeping leg b connected

ik_5
Nop, but I got an answer to try some hangup hooks, and see if I can control it using direct programming language using ESL.
I havn't tried it yet, but I will and will publish the working way (if I will have success).

Ido