managing multiple asterisk servers

KC

managing multiple asterisk servers

KC
Hi, we have 30+ Asterisk instances. With Asterisk 13, I'm looking into creating an Adhearsion/Punchblock app that can manage these Asterisk boxes so that we have more granular control over individual B channels.

I'm looking for advice on the following questions,

- Adhearsion seem to 'need' a basic Punchblock configuration on startup, or it will attempt to reconnect to infinity, is this behavior by design?
- If i specify a basic Punchblock config, start up Adhearsion, would I be able to change the Punchblock config during runtime?
- For a regular app that answers calls, i understand it's desireable to have multiple instances of Adhearsion connected to separate Asterisk, is my intented design completely out in the left field? Is there a better way to do this?

thanks
Kai

Re: managing multiple asterisk servers

Ben Langfeld-2

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 at 12:29 KC <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, we have 30+ Asterisk instances. With Asterisk 13, I'm looking into creating an Adhearsion/Punchblock app that can manage these Asterisk boxes so that we have more granular control over individual B channels.

I'm looking for advice on the following questions,

- Adhearsion seem to 'need' a basic Punchblock configuration on startup, or it will attempt to reconnect to infinity, is this behavior by design?

Yes, reconnection is a feature. Reconnection count can be configured.

- If i specify a basic Punchblock config, start up Adhearsion, would I be able to change the Punchblock config during runtime?

Runtime configuration changes are not supported.

- For a regular app that answers calls, i understand it's desireable to have multiple instances of Adhearsion connected to separate Asterisk, is my intented design completely out in the left field? Is there a better way to do this?

One Adhearsion instance cannot connect to multiple Asterisk instances. Multiple Adhearsion instances cannot reuse a single Asterisk instance. The current preferred topology is a single Adhearsion instance per Asterisk instance.

On FreeSWITCH with mod_rayo this second limitation is removed. Proper clustering is theoretically possible with the Rayo spec, but no-one has ever put up the cash to build a Rayo gateway.

thanks
Kai